Tuesday 10 April 2012

Miss quote, she's a lovely girl.

Oh, just checked and I have reached 2000 views, well done everybody.
Right, on with today's moan, sorry, blog.
As I have mentioned in previous posts I am without a car at the moment, well I am looking to rectify this in the next month or so.
I have been getting some quotes over the past day or so, as an uncle of Sam's has a Ford Fiesta for sale, which is dirt cheap.
I did have a Saab last time I was insured, and was paying about £270 per year for the insurance, so why is it that now, for a 1.3 Ford Fiesta the insurance companies are asking me to pay upwards of £320. The Saab was a 2lt turbo, this is a 1.3 grandadmobile, why the obscene rise in the price.
On another note regarding the thieving gits at the friendly insurance firms, how come they ask for driving convictions from the past 5 years? After 4 years, according to the law, I can remove them from my license, why do I need to declare them up to 5 years for these people. I know, I know, its a good way of making money, or am I being cynical. My 4 years will be up in September but I'll still need to inform them for a further year, robbery!
I was wondering really, if these points make a difference to the quotes, and boy yes they do!
I went through the online, long winded form filling, without declaring the points, just for the purpose of seeing the difference, with points, upwards of £320, without the points, cheapest quote, and most where around the same price, £167, wow.
 I know, its my fault for getting the points, and I'm not denying that, but by law Ive spent them, I've done the time, so to speak!
Obviously when it comes to me getting the insurance I will declare the points.
Another thing about car insurance quotes. Why is that all the comparison sites I have been on ask if there are children under 16 in the house? Why would they need to ask this, its not like I'm going to let them drive the car, and even if I did they wouldn't be insured so they need not worry about paying out. What can be the reason for this question? I have looked for the answer on the web, and found a few forum links where the same thing was being asked. One answer was that it told the insurance company that you would be a responsible adult due to ferrying kids about, thus reducing the quote, please, come on, really? The only reason that insures ask questions is for looking at ways of charging more for the cover.
Have you had any convictions?
What is your job?
Do you have access to any other vehicle?
Are there any named drivers?
Do you have any children under 16?
Have you ever worn a green shirt?
Do you wear corduroy?
Ok, I know the last two ain't valid, but lets be honest, the last one should be. Saying yes to the last one could reduce your premium, due to the fact that no one is going to drive fast wearing cords, are they?
Anyway, I suppose I'll have to stomach the price and pay up if I want to get a car again.

No comments: