Friday 10 February 2012

It's all gone Pete wrong

It ain't really gone wrong, I just thought that was an amusing title for this post. It popped into my head and I had a little chuckle to myself, maybe I should hit the odd wrong key just to give the effect of shaking every now and again with laughter, or maybe not.
I think, all things considered, that I've managed to keep my spirits quite high during the none smoking. You hear people moaning and getting cross, then blame the fact that they have stopped smoking, its just an excuse, but, I suppose that if it helps you give up then stay miserable, power to the grump!
You also get told about all sorts of nasty stuff when you give up, like chest infections. Fortunately both me and Sam have managed to avoid this ailment. I feel absolutely fine, famous last words, here comes the worst chest infection ever known to mankind. As we have spent the last 2 and a half months without a car, it broke, we have been walking everywhere, and its been fine. As a car driver for a good few years the thought of walking anywhere becomes an alien concept, and is quickly banished from the mind, nah, it will be quicker in the car! Being without the car also saves more money than just petrol and insurance, we are now not spending silly little amounts of money by popping up to Tesco (other supermarkets are available) to get small treats to eat in the evenings. No longer are we making spur of the moment trips out for crisps and sweets. Don't get me wrong, we can still get sweets but we need to walk to our local Co-op, see bracketed comment above, where they are slightly more expensive.
The only giving up stereotype that we are suffering from is the eating more, or wanting to eat more, so I should imagine that given a month or two we could both end up looking a little larger than we do now, give up smoking first, clear that hurdle then tackle the weight issues.
Non smoking wise we are now on day 17, I would really like to think that we wont go back but never say never when it comes to giving up smoking, it can, and does, just sneak up on you and hit you with a mega craving when you least expect it, just stick to with it, we can, and will win.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

You've all done verrrry well. (Hmm... the impression of Old Mr Grace really doesn't work when typed does it!?).

I got bronchitis shortly after giving up smoking, and that was in our summer!!! Good job I didn't give up in winter it'd have been pneumonia!!