Wednesday 15 February 2012

Whats that old man?

Took a stroll into town with my daughter this morning and on the way was telling her about my childhood, the sort of things we got up to, what the town looked like in the early 70s, and such like.
I said to her how great it was to have a childhood then, rather than now, when it seems to me, and it is only my opinion, that the kids now just cant make their own amusement. Obviously she disagreed, and that is perfectly understandable, its all about opinions, but she is wrong.
She did seem interested in listening to the old mans tales and said that maybe I should write about them. I told her that I could put some of it on my blog; I don't want my entire life story to flood out, that would be dull, nope, just the years between about 9 and 15, the blunder years! I will go back to my earliest memories from this age range, there's no point going to much earlier because if you go back to far I don't think its that easy to remember stuff. Now if I do remember things from my days as a child in London then I will tell.
It will only be the odd event I put on here, I wont make the blog into a life story, I will still update the none smoking, It does amuse me that I type this stuff like there are people out there who give a toss about it.
Still off the cigarettes, over 3 weeks now, still going well. I had a moment today though, where I thought how easy it would be to start again, the feeling of the first smoke of the day, or how the first cigarettes will be after having not smoked for a while, it would be great.
Right, I'm off to reminisce about my early years, now, where did I put those rose tinted spectacles?

No comments: