Friday 16 March 2012

Sell you some energy sir, oh, suits you sir

Just had one of these energy companies trying to get us to sign up with them. Gets on your tits to be honest, if I wanted to change I would do a search on the Internet and then change.

But we are cheaper than who your with, goes the spiel.
I know that, why else would you be knocking. He has a laptop which must have all the address details, I'm sure it tells them all they need to know.
No, I'm not interested.
Not interested in saving money then sir?
No!
Can I ask why?
Yes.
Yes what?
Yes you can ask why.
The poor sap on my doorstep smiles a watery smile. Why don't you want to change, we can save you loads of money.
I've just left your lot to go back to who I left to join you.
Why?
Because I wanted to.
But we really are cheaper.
I know that, I was told that on the phone, I just don't want to. Your lot told me I'd be able to change from a prepayment meter to a Direct debit account straight away, but when I changed over and tried I was told I needed to be with you for a year. Lies, then really, just to get a bit of custom. And another thing, lets face it, your all thieving gits anyway.
But it will cost more to change the meter with the company you went back to.
I don't care really, I'll keep it as it is, I only changed back out of spite really, due to the lie.
We will always be cheaper than British Gas for gas he tells me. When they put their price down we put ours down, and when they put their price up we still make sure we're still cheaper.
So you still put it up then, being greedy, just cant break the habit can you. Why not buck the trend and leave it alone when everyone else puts theirs up, how much extra custom would that get you?

I know it sounds really pathetic, but in my opinion it was the worst thing ever when the power company was privatised. It just breeds more greed. I know that if one company has the monopoly they can be greedy, but look at the energy companies, tell me their not greedy. The rich get richer and the poor get colder.
We're putting our prices down by 6%, goes the big advert. Yeah, right, you put it up by about 25% over the past year, so well done.
In all fairness all the companies are as bad as one another. We was with one of them a few years back and when we left they kept taking payments from our account for another two months, as if they didn't get enough in the first place.
They are the lowest of the low all of them. We are with, what we would consider, the best of a bad bunch.

No comments: