Saturday 5 May 2012

It's for yor own good son.

This is me, at one of my early birthday parties in London.
Lets have a quick look at the photo, well its quite apparent that i was partial to jelly and crisps, and still am to this day, just as different dishes. I have to say, those cakes didn't appear to be going down terribly well, not the case now a days I fear.
There are 3 candles on the cake, which would indicate a 3rd birthday, and I'll have to go with that as there is nothing else to say if that's my age at the time or not, I cant judge ages very well.
One thing I do vaguely remember is the boy in the foreground, who's head you can see, blew out my candles, horrible git that he was.
What shocked me about this photo when i found it again was the Corgi toy present I had received.
It was a 007 James Bond Aston Martin Corgi number 261, with ejector seat and bullet proof rear shield. There is another car in the picture but alas I cant see what it is; and there in lies the problem, what in gods name happens to all this stuff we grew up with.
It gets broken you fool!
I know it gets broken, but toys that get broken you can usually remember throwing away, its traumatic, but others, well they just seem to vanish.
If this car had been broken I would remember that, I'm sure of it, and if it had been lost there would have been tears.
I know blokes that have kept all their toys, well maybe not all, but certainly a lot, in their original boxes as well, Barry ;-)
I was never like that, I played my stuff to death, that's probably what happened to my stuff, it died. I would just think that you would be able to remember what happened to your old toys. I can remember specific things from my childhood but not where possessions went, they just seem to vanish.
Ive had a look at this car on the web today and man alive did I regret that.
There's an inner box on eBay, with bids, on £35, just the box inner.
There's a box outer on there currently on £30.
There's a complete toy and box, buy it now £325, I nearly fell of my chair. £360 seems to be about the going rate, why oh why did I study this photo so much!
I urge all of you who read this, buy your children toys by all meas, indeed let them hold them for a moment, study there form, touch them, then snatch them back, put them in their box, and store them away. Your child will love you eventually, after about 16 years. You may have to go through some bad times with tantrums for a few days after each toy is snatched back, but they will appreciate it over time.
Ok, so at some stage you may also have to deal with Social Services due to the miss treatment of your children but it will be worth it. Think of the money you are amassing, its like an endowment policy just without the fun for the child.
16 years on when little Johny is 20, and you sell all his toys on eBay and make a small fortune, hand him the cheque, then sit back and watch him spunk it away, the little sod!

No comments: