Wednesday 26 September 2012

And that means what exactly?

Ah, so the transparent one went back to college today and me and Sam was left on our own for the first time in about 8 weeks, what fun, Charlotte went back a week or so ago.
Well anyway the boy comes in from college after his rigorous journey home via public transport, ah the young 'uns love public transport.
So in he comes and informs us how unenjoyable the journey over was, due to the fact that he had a sweater sit next to him. As i'm sure most normal folk would appreciate, a sweater must be someone with their own aromatic aroma, nope, that would be far to easy in this age of bastardised English, no, it actually means a stranger, someone you dont know, what a nerve eh, having the audacity to sit next to someone you dont know. How can it be that someone you dont know is called a sweater, I have no idea.
In my day a sweater was a jumper, or pullover, I have a few right now.
Its like talking to someone from another country sometimes in our house, I'm bloody sure eventually me and Sam will need a translator, I cant tell you half the words they come out with, manly due to the fact that there is no spelling for them, as the words dont actually exist.
Then he turns round to me and has the cheek to tell me, 'I cant believe you didn't know that, your so old', like I needed reminding, everyone knows what it means, I look round the room at the blank looks, and realise Mark may be in a minority of 1, thanks heavens for that.

No comments: