Wednesday 13 June 2012

Are you talking to me?

The worlds going mad.
Don't you just hate those people that would rather drop someone else in trouble than themselves; well, machines are up to it now.
In town today Sam put her card into the ATM and pressed the appropriate buttons to get the service she required. The machine was making a couple of strange clicking noises, and Sam commented on the fact that it sounded a little, unusual.  Well, anyway, we got through the enter pin number, and select the service we wanted.
Pause, strange sound again, and a message popped up on the screen, stating that 'the issuing bank have declined your request'. WTF!
She knew the card was OK as she had used it earlier at another ATM, but nope, this one tried to blame someone else for the fact that it was about to go tits up. You know the world is going slight mad when machines start apportioning blame elsewhere.
ATM: Nope, its not my fault, you can try all you like, its down to your bank that is. Don't bother putting it in again, your bank hates you so there's no point trying. Its not my fault madam, honest, I'm just telling you like it is. Listen, cant you hear me working really hard for you?
Me: No, all I can here is you going wrong, and trying to blame my bank. Take the blame yourself, we wont laugh, honest.
What the hell is going on, I'm trying to reason with a machine.
This ATM has more AI than some games I've played. I half expected it to start snivelling, in a pathetic attempt to make me feel sorry for it.  
ATM: (sob), I'm so sorry, really I am, please don't report me, (sob).
Me: Poxy heap of crap, I'll use the other ATM up there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a machine not a human. Like the bank staff you can complain all you like it won't take any notice ha ha